TiE Denver Investor Group (Bierstadt Investor Group)
TiE Denver Investor Group (Bierstadt Investor Group) facilitates the introduction of entrepreneurs to potential investors through presentations and other mechanisms. BIG consists of individual angel investors interested in financing privately held companies or ventures typically in a later stage of development. Membership in BIG is a privilege, which is subject to renewal, revocation, or termination for a member’s failure to conduct him or herself in a manner consistent with BIG’s this Membership Agreement.
Open to Accredited Investors who are active TiE Denver Charter Members, active General Members willing to do due diligence and invited guests who are accredited investors: The Bierstadt Investment Group (BIG) was founded in July 2017 to act as an investment vehicle for TiE Rockies Charter Members who are interested in Angel Investing. BIG will replace the TiE Rockies Angel Group and will be run by a Management Committee of Paul Suchoski, GP Saxena, Patrice Barber and Bhawnesh Mathur. You must be an accredited investor and an Active Charter Member to participate in BIG meetings and invest in target companies. TiE Rockies will charge an annual fee of $995 to be a BIG participant; this is in addition to the annual Charter Membership fee. Our goal is to create an opportunity for the more successful Charter Members who are interested in active angel investors to spend quality time with their peers. Meetings will be held quarterly in the AMG Bank Board room with access to the roof balcony which overlooks Fiddlers Green. Meetings will be catered and include alcohol.
Co-investors: TiE Rockies has developed partnerships with local co-investors including RVC, Infinite Peaks Holdings, and Castle Rock’s 104 Initiative. We are in active discussions with 5-6 other local family offices and small venture firms in order to strengthen and diversify our capital base. TiE Rockies will also syndicate deals that have gained significant local traction into the TiE Global Angel Alliance (TGAA) which typically leads to an additional $500,000 to $750,000 of funding per deal.
- BIG Events – Bi Monthly investor meetings with presentations from four to six pre – screened companies for members’ investment consideration. Afterward, there will be time for discussion of members’ observations and analysis. Pre-screen is closed 3 weeks before presentations. Prescreening is completed within 1 week. Notification to presenters is provider 2 weeks ahead and notification of interest to move to due diligence is provided within 1 week after presentations.
- Access to “Members Only” section of the Web site, which includes:
- Access to all deal flow through BIG’s online database.
- Copies of all presentations and materials provided at meetings.
- Member Discussion Areas online forums to confidentially discuss or comment on business plans, companies and general angel investing topics with other members.
- Best-practice sharing of investment tips and documents.
- Educational programs in term sheets, balanced investment portfolios, case studies, due diligence and other topics in angel investing.
- Opportunity to interact with other angel investors and meet individuals experienced in working with young companies.
- Must I make a minimum number (or amount) of investments each year in order to remain a member?
- Is there a minimum or maximum amount of money I may invest?
- How will investment decisions be made?
- How will presenting companies be selected?
- May I invest in addition to the amount invested by the group?
- How is due diligence conducted?
- How is BIG run? (Administration, board, etc.)
- How is BIG funded?
Qualifying individuals are invited to consider becoming members of Bierstadt Investor Group.
Membership is at the discretion of BIG’s Membership Committee and is subject to annual renewal, non-renewal, revocation, or termination by BIG’s Membership Committee.
- New members must be sponsored by a current BIG member.
- All new members (and renewing members) must complete this Membership Agreement and the Membership Survey. ⁄
- Applications and Surveys may then be forwarded by email or mail to BIG at the addresses noted below.
- The Membership Committee will review all applications for membership and endeavor to provide applicants with a written response within thirty (30) days of completed application submission.
- Your payment, whether by check or credit card, will be held for processing until after your membership has been approved.
- Members who have a vested interest in a presenting company or other knowledge of the company are required to disclose that to the group at the time company presenters are being selected and prior to the company presentation.
- BIG membership may be terminated or membership revoked at the discretion and determination of BIG Membership Committee, should it be determined that a BIG member has breached any term of BIG membership.
- A member will be notified in writing by the Membership Committee of the intent to terminate or revoke membership, and the on-notice member shall have thirty (30) days in which to submit a written response to the Membership Committee, should the member deem his/her actions or inactions do not warrant or qualify for termination or revocation of membership. The Membership Committee shall consider, in good faith, such notice member written response within sixty (60) days. The decision of the Membership Committee is final.
MEMBERSHIP CODE OF CONDUCT:
- I will conduct myself in a professional manner at all times.
- I will respect the privacy of other members and not provide their name to any third party without their permission.
- I will keep membership information confidential.
- I understand and recognize that BIG meetings and communications are focused on investment pursuits and will not solicit another member for business.
- I will disclose to the group any relationship I have or may have with a presenting company, including any personal gain I may receive from the company.
BIG is not a venture fund, an investment bank, a broker dealer, investment clearing-house, or an investment advisor, but rather a forum in which investors may be educated on aspects of investment and business, as well as introduced to companies for possible investment.
BIG is not registered with the Securities Exchange Commission or any state securities commission. Each member of AA is responsible for his or her own investment decisions, and BIG is not recommending any particular company for investment.
All investments in entrepreneurial companies involve a high degree of risk, and investors should be able to bear the risk of complete financial loss. The choice to use and manner of utilization of information and knowledge gained through BIG is each member’s individual and personal choice. No guidance shall be given, nor shall any person affiliated with BIG (or BIG itself) be responsible for an individual member’s use of the information, investment decision, or the results of any investment.
BIG does not conduct any investigation to verify the factual information submitted to potential investors by individual entrepreneurs. Hence, BIG makes no representations or warranties regarding these companies. Investors must conduct their own due diligence and negotiate the terms of any investment they elect to make.